BioShockis a First Person Shooter series developed by Irrational Games.
The game takes place in the fictional underwater city of Rapture as well as the airborne city of Columbia. Built in the late 1940s by business tycoon Andrew Ryan, Rapture was meant to be a laissez-faire utopia for humanity's elite to work, live, and prosper out of the increasingly oppressive hands of the world's governments and authorities. Sadly for Ryan, there were many individuals who put a monkey wrench in his plans for the city, such as the influential Sofia Lamb and the con man named Frank Fontaine, to the point where it drove him to hypocrisy and corruption. Over the years, civil wars ravaged Rapture and resulted in the insanity of the masses and the creation of many horrors, among them the Big Daddies and Little Sisters.
BioShock is best known for the city of Rapture, and plasmids, genetic alterations that mutate the user in order to give them seemingly supernatural abilities, like the ability to light a fire with a snap of one's fingers, and turning the user's body into a colony of bees.
Connection With All-StarsEdit
- The Bouncer variant of the Big Daddy, the icon of the series, is a playable character.
- The Little Sisters appear as part of Big Daddy's moveset, namely its first Level Super Move.
- The Little Sister also appears as a minion.
- Plasmids are also a big part of Big Daddy's moveset.
- Andrew Ryan, a major antagonist in the BioShock series, is heard giving orders to Big Daddy.
- The Songbird, the Handyman, and the Vox Populi appeared on the Stowaways stage, where they cause trouble outside the plane.
- Murder of Crows is an item in the game.
- Columbia appears in the background of the Stowaways stage. It also appears as another one of the playable stages, which has a mash up between BioShock and Twisted Metal.
- BioShock was the first third-party franchise confirmed to be represented in All-Stars.
- BioShock is the third-party franchise with the most representation in the game, having a playable character, being represented in two stages, having an item and a minion.
- This is the only third-party franchise that has an item, and one of the two that are represented in at least one stage, the other being Metal Gear.
- This is quite ironic, considering that BioShock is the franchise with the loosest connection to the PlayStation, as it started as an Xbox exclusive.