The stage begins with players in a 2D environment based on LocoRoco. The background eventually switches to a city as a Metal Gear RAY cuts through the background. During the appearance of the RAY, it will attack by biting at the foreground with its jaws or firing missiles at the stage. Both attacks are telegraphed with the signature exclamation point of the Metal Gear series. As the match approaches its end, RAY is crushed by the giant yellow LocoRoco named Kulche.
Characters Appearing in Stage
Franzea - LocoRoco
The first phase is an original track based on "LocoRoco's Song" from LocoRoco 2.
Franzea - Metal Gear
The second phase is an original track based on "Rules of Nature" from "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance".
- This is one of only two stages that has a third party franchise as secondary representation, the other being Stowaways.
- Franzea and Sandover Village are the only stages that have water.
- While Metal Gear RAY makes its appearance, the camera morphs into 3D.
- When Metal Gear RAY attacks the players and spots Kulche, the classic Alert (!) sound effect from the Metal Gear series will play.
- Franzea is one of five stages where an E-rated series and an M-rated series cross over, the others being Hades, Invasion, Dojo, and Time Station.
- If Sackboy jumps to the top right corner of the stage, for some reason he will teleport to another area. It only seems to work with him.