|God of War|
|Developer(s)||SCE Santa Monica Studios|
|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|First Release||God of War (2005)|
|Genre(s)||Hack n' Slash/Action Adventure|
God of War is a Hack n' Slash/Action Adventure series developed mainly by SCE Santa Monica Studios. The series is a PlayStation exclusive and has had titles released on PS2, PS3, and PSP. There have also been titles released on mobile devices.
Series Description Edit
The series follows Kratos, the leader of the Spartan Army, and is set in ancient Greece. After losing his loved ones, Kratos sets out on a path of revenge against the Gods that wronged him. The series is well known for it's brutal violence, and is one of the best known series to implement quick time events into their combat. The franchise is considered one of the biggest flagship franchises of the PlayStation brand, and Kratos is seen a PlayStation mascot.
Connection With All-StarsEdit
- Deimos appears as an alternate costume for Kratos.
- A DLC Costume for Kratos resembles Apollo.
- Hades appears in the background of the stage Hades. He serves also as an obstacle as he often attacks the players and the other fighters. He also gets attacked by the Patapons.
- The Hydra from the first God of War game appears at some point in the Ratchet & Clank stage Metropolis. It attacks the city and tries to bite the fighters.
- The Harpy from God of War III makes an appearance in the stage Time Station.
- The Spear of Destiny, Boots of Hermes and Medusa's Gaze are featured as Items.
- Athena appears as an unlockable minion.
- Poseidon appears as an unlockable minion.
- Polyphemus appears as a DLC minion .
- The Colossus of Rhodes appears as a DLC minion .
- Hades appears as a DLC minion .
- God of War - 2005 (PS2/PS3(HD))
- God of War II - 2007 (PS2/PS3(HD))
- God of War: Betrayal - 2007 (Mobile)
- God of War: Chains of Olympus - 2008 (PSP/PS3/PSV)
- God of War Collection - 2009 (PS3/PSV)
- God of War III - 2010 (PS3/PS4)
- God of War: Ghost of Sparta - 2010 (PSP/PS3/PSV)
- God of War Origins Collection - 2011 (PS3/PSV)
- God of War Saga - 2012 (PS3)
- God of War: Ascension - 2013 (PS3)
- God of War - 2018 (PS4)
- Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds - 2008 (PS3)
- LittleBigPlanet - 2008 (PS3)
- SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny - 2009 (PSP)
- ModNation Racers - 2010 (PS3/PSP)
- Mortal Kombat - 2011 (PS3/PSV)
- Shovel Knight - 2014 (PS3/PS4/PSV)
- God of War is the second series to have two playable characters, the first being inFamous.
- This series is tied with Gravity Rush for having the most minions.
- God of War is the franchise with the highest representation in All-Stars. It has 2 playable characters, it is represented in 3 stages (4 if you count Boss Arena), has 3 items and 5 minions.