"The depths of Hades will not be trespassed by your kind, mortal. Only the gods decide who lives and dies."— Zeus, to Isaac Clarke
The stage is set in the depths of the Greek Underworld, surrounded by walls on all four sides of the arena, with the god Hades overlooking the fighters. After a few seconds, Hades will begin to attack the fighters, bringing his claws down and sending powerful shockwaves through the arena, which dramatically alters the landscape by raising or lowering platforms.
Sometime during a battle, the stage background will switch from The Underworld to Usso Forest from the game Patapon, while retaining the original walls from the Underworld. In the background, Nyontama Yaripons attack Hades with spears. Hades will switch between attacking the Patapons and the stage itself. The Patapon spears can also prove hazardous to the player, as missed spears will go flying past Hades and onto the stage. Eventually, Hades will be overcome by the Patapon's attacks and fall out of sight.
Characters Appearing in StageEdit
Hades - God of War Edit
The first phase starts with a slight different version of "Duel With Hades" by Gerard Marino from God of War III.
Hades - Patapon Edit
The second phase transitions to an original track based off of the "Patapon 2 Theme" from Patapon 2.
- Both God of War and Patapon are inspired by Greek History, Patapon being inspired by the designs on dipylon vases.
- Both types of stage hazards in this stage are used by Polygon Man in Boss Arena.
- When Big Daddy uses his Level 3 Super the Patapon Tribe is seen swimming around in the background of the stage.
- Near the end of the match, the Patapon will throw their spears at Hades, defeating him. After that they shout their victory chant.
- Hades is one of five stages where an E-rated series and an M-rated series cross over, the others being Invasion, Dojo, Time Station, and Franzea.
- It could be possible that the reason that Hades' Claws are not part of Kratos' arsenal is due to Hades posessing them in this stage.