|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|First Release||Killzone (2004)|
|Genre(s)||First-person shooter, Third-person shooter|
The series follows several different soldiers of the ISA faction as they attempt to fight off attacks and defeat the Helghast Army. The main protagonists are Captain Jan Templar (Killzone, Killzone: Liberation), Sgt. Tomas "Sev" Sevchenko (Killzone 2, Killzone 3), Arran Danner (Killzone Mercenary), and Shadow Marshal Lucas Kellan (Killzone Shadow Fall). The main antagonist of the series is Scolar Visari. The series is well known mainly for it's outstanding visuals and realistic weighty feel to it's movement and gunplay. The series is somewhat unique in that the enemy Helghast are much more recognizable than the protagonists in the series, and tend to serve as the mascot for the series (similar to Resistance's Chimera and BioShock's Big Daddy). This is most likely the reason for including Colonel Radec in the game, over one of the main characters.
Connection With All-StarsEdit
- Colonel Radec is a playable character in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.
- The stage Dojo is a mash-up between Parappa the Rapper and Killzone.
- A Helghan MAWLR is seen attacking the level.
- The Dohvat Laser Designator is an Item.
- Invasion appears as a stage and mashes up with Ape Escape.
- The Capture Trooper appears as an alternate costume for Colonel Radec.
- The ISA makes a cameo in Invasion.
- A Helghast Soldier appears as a unlockable minion for Colonel Radec.
- Rico and Visari appear as downloadable minions.
- Killzone - 2004 (PS2)
- Killzone: Liberation - 2006 (PSP)
- Killzone 2 - 2009 (PS3)
- Killzone 3 - 2011 (PS3)
- Killzone: Mercenary - 2013 (PSV)
- Killzone: Shadow Fall - 2013 (PS4)
- While most of the games are first-person, Killzone: Liberation is the only game in Third-person.