"I will see you suffer!"— Kratos
Kratos is the main protagonist and anti-hero of the God of War series and is a playable character in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. He was one of the first six characters to be revealed. Kratos' in-game rival is Sweet Tooth.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Arcade
- 3 Quotes and Taunts
- 4 Intros and Outros
- 5 Victory Music
- 6 Costumes
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Videos
- 9 Trivia
- 10 References
PREPARE TO JOIN HADES!
Once the leader of the mighty Spartan army, Kratos has wrenched his fate free from the gods who used him as their servant, swearing to see their reign ended. Known for a brutal approach to combat, he will let nothing stand between him and his quest to find and destroy whomever has gathered the combatants in Battle Royale.
THE LEGACY OF KRATOS:
- God of War: Ascension
- God of War: Chains of Olympus
- God of War (2005)
- God of War: Betrayal
- God of War II
- God of War: Ghost of Sparta
- God of War III
- God of War Saga
- God of War: A Call from the Wilds
- God of War (IV) (2018)
Kratos' story opens as he is preparing to attack Olympus. He seeks assistance from the Titans but requires a challenge to earn his place as their leader. He hears about a gathering of heroes and other warriors coming together through that power of one who considers himself a god. In order to prove himself worthy to lead the Titans, he sets off to find this gathering and take down all who stand in his way.
"This entire city, destroyed by a god driven mad by jealousy, envy of his own son. Even now, they sit on their crumbling thrones and presume to judge their former puppet. While below, the titans I have summoned await me... ready to march on Olympus and correct so many of the mistakes of the past. But if I am to lead an army as mighty as the Titans, I must prove my worth. There remain those who call themselves heroes. There is even talk of one who considers himself a god, issuing challenges to all who would answer. Heed my words, mortals: tread lightly on the earth. Beware the Ghost of Sparta!"— Kratos
Name: Sweet Tooth
Reason: After running through the other characters, Kratos sees Sweet Tooth, believing him to be "another demon sent by the so-called god", and attacks him by throwing a blade at him. The blade hits an ice cream cone Sweet Tooth was holding. Angered, Sweet Tooth demands Kratos to pick up the ice cream and pay for it. Unswayed, Kratos declares that he isn't bound to the commands of mortals, brewing a fight between the two.
Kratos: Another demon sent by this so-called god. He can join the rest!
(Kratos throws one of his blades at Sweet Tooth. The blade seathes Sweet Tooth's ice cream cone.)
Sweet Tooth: My ice cream cone! That was a mistake, buddy.
Kratos: A mistake I can correct, if you like.
Sweet Tooth: Maybe you didn’t hear me, friend. There’s a debt here, and I’m ready to settle up.
Kratos: Stand aside.
Sweet Tooth: Pick that up. And pay for it.
Kratos: The Ghost of Sparta bends to no mortal!
After defeating the warriors and Polygon Man, Kratos returns to his world and gains leadership of the Titans. As he scales Olympus, he claims he is bringing an army the likes of which the gods have never seen and with his new power, prepares to kill them all.
"Once again, those foolish enough to stand against me have learned the folly of such actions. My destiny lies not with mortals. I must topple Olympus and all who occupy it once and for all. Titans! The son of Zeus has returned! Our hour is at hand, and we march now upon the gods. No creature sent from earth, Olympus or Hades itself can withstand our assault. And to Zeus and the cretins who kneel at his feet: I bring an army unlike any you have fought before. The Ghost of Sparta brings ruin to Olympus!"— Kratos
Quotes and Taunts
- Now You'll Feel My Wrath - Kratos shouts, "Now you will feel my wrath!"
- Foul Beasts - Kratos roars.
- You're Finished - Kratos shouts, "Face me, coward!" and swipes his blade downward.
- When Selected:
- "I AM the God of War!"
- "Now you will feel my wrath."
- "Let's see what you can do!"
- "Prepare to die!"
- Item Pick-up:
- "Let's see what you can do!"
- "Mortal weapon..."
- "The gods give me unneeded aid."
- "What god left this?"
- "Why does Olympus aid me?"
- "I need no gifts from Olympus!"
- "Flame of Olympus!"
- Successful KO:
- "By the gods, I will kill you all!"
- "Die mortal!"
- "I destroy everything I touch!"
- "Pathetic and weak!"
- "You have drawn your last breath!"
- "Now you will feel my wrath!"
- "You are no god!"
- "I will have my revenge!"
- "I will see you suffer!"
- "I see only what I have come to destroy!"
- "Prepare to submit, coward!"
- "Face me! Coward!"
- "You will not see the end of this day!"
- "Now, you will feel my wrath!!"
- "Death is the only way to escape."
- "Prepare to lose your head, mortal!"
- "Prepare to join Hades!"
- "Athena's ghost be with me."
- "Gaia's maker..."
- "Now you will feel my wrath!"
- "Face me, coward!"
- Using Divine Fury:
- "Hades awaits!"
- Using Divine Reckoning:
- "Die, mortal!"
- Unused lines
- I... am the greatest warrior!
Intros and Outros
- Prepare to Die: Kratos turns to the camera and takes out the Blades of Chaos, yelling "Prepare to die!".
- This is My Sword: Kratos grasps the Blade of Olympus with one hand and removes it from the ground.
- Meet the Twins: Kratos walks up as the camera slowly pans up to his face and takes out the Blades of Chaos.
- For the Glory of Sparta: Kratos, wielding the Nemean Cestus, shouts, then slams his right cestus into the ground.
- I Am the God of War: Kratos flexes and yells triumphantly.
- I Will Have My Revenge: Kratos takes a swipe at the screen with his blade.
- Victory is Mine: Kratos is shown yelling in triumph.
- The Greatest Warrior: Kratos places his blades on his back.
- If using I Am the God of War: Kratos angrily turned himself away.
- If using I Will Have my Revenge: Kratos punches the camera.
- If using Victory is Mine: Kratos raises his arms and roars.
- If using The Greatest Warrior: Kratos falls to one knee, using the Blade of Olympus to balance himself.
Win: Looks at the screen with angry expression.
Lose: Looks down.
Ascension (unlocked at rank 4)
["Call To Arms" directly from God of War III]
Titan Slayer (unlocked at rank 45)
["Rage of Sparta" directly from God of War III]
The default appearance of Kratos.
- His default appearance, based on the beginning of God of War III.
- First Kratos' concept art, with his tattoo being blue instead of red.
- Fear Kratos, the appearance of Kratos in his own mind.
- Ghost of Sparta, an unlockable costume who appeared in God of War-Ghost of Sparta.
One of his God of War 3 DLC Armors. Unlock this by turning Rank 10.
- Default: Blue tattoos, blue cloth, silver armor.
- Yellow tattoos, yellow cloth, gold armor.
- Black skin, bright red tattoos, white cloth, black armor. Resembles Fear Kratos.
- Dark red tattoos, dark red cloth, bronze armor. Resembles Kratos' default appearance.
Kratos takes on the appearance of his brother Deimos from God of War: Ghost of Sparta. This costume is part of the preorder costume pack.
- Default: orange tattoos, brown and bronze armor, faded white cloth.
- White tattoos, white armor, white cloth.
- Yellow tattoos, yellow armor, black cloth.
- Blue tattoos, blue and silver armor, blue cloth.
Based on a downloadable costume in god of war 3, available as downloadable content.
- Default - Golden helm, shoulder guard, skirt, and leg guards, tan skin.
- Green helm, shoulder guard, skirt, and leg guards, pale green skin.
- Silver helm, shoulder guard, skirt, and leg guards, tan skin.
- Red helm, shoulder guard, skirt, and leg guards, tan skin.
Concept art by Sunni Han
- Kratos was one of the many first-party characters to make a live-action appearance in the Long Live Play commercial. However, he was rendered by CGI instead of being given a live-action actor.
- Kratos is considered to be a mascot of the PS3 console, alongside Sackboy and Nathan Drake.
- Hades, Kratos' stage, is the only stage revealed at the same time he was. All the other stages at the time (Metropolis, Dreamscape, and Sandover Village) were revealed before their respective characters.
- Kratos is the last character to be shown in the game's opening.
- His quote "You.. will not see the end of this day!" is taken from the beginning of God of War III. It's also used for his intro in Mortal Kombat (2011).
- Kratos is one of the 5 first-party characters to start on the PlayStation 2, the others being Ratchet & Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper and Zeus.
- Kratos' Losing Screen animation "breaks the 4th wall" as he punches the camera repeatedly. This is very likely a nod at God of War III, where Kratos beats Poseidon to death and the beating is mostly shown through Poseidon's perspective.
- Ironically, his father also breaks the 4th wall in a Losing Screen animation by putting his hand on the camera and knocking it to the ground, as well as in a Victory Screen by lifting the "cameraman".
- Due to the ashes on his skin, Kratos is sometimes referred to as the Ghost of Sparta. This makes him one of four characters to be referred to by a name other than their real name, the others being Sweet Tooth, Fat Princess, and Raiden.
- In the game's opening, his red tattoo glows.
- His main menu background is a red and gold theme with sparks coming from the right bottom of the screen.
- Kratos is one of four characters who has an alternate costume that is a different character, the others being Jak, Radec, Sackboy, and Emmett Graves.
- He is also one of two characters whose alternate costume is their brother, the other being Emmett.
- Kratos is the only character with two alternate costumes that turns him into different characters (Deimos and Apollo).
- Kratos' ending acts as the beginning of God of War III.
- Despite the fact that the Kratos seen in this game predates GoW3, Kratos' moveset incorporates the Neaman Cestus, Head of Helios, and Apollo's Bow, all of which he only used during GoW3.
- The only item he gains in GoW3 that he does not use in gameplay is Hermes's boots. However, they are an obtainable item in-game that boost running speed.
- Kratos, along with Sweet Tooth, Heihachi, Raiden, and Zeus, is one of five characters in the game to have been a father.
- Kratos, along with his father, are the only characters in the game that are of the same family.
- Kratos's 2nd palette swap for his first costume references the blue-tattooed Kratos, which during the development of the first God of War was nearly the final version of Kratos until his tattoo colors were changed to red.
- Kratos's 3rd palette swap for his first costume is an unlockable costume in God of War III which is known as "Fear Kratos".
- Kratos is one of six launch characters who received a fourth costume through DLC, the other five being PaRappa, Fat Princess, Nathan Drake, Sly Cooper, and Sackboy.
- Both Kratos and Heihachi have appeared as guests characters in the Soul Calibur series, Kratos appearing in Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny for the PlayStation Portable and Heihachi in the PlayStation 2 version of Soul Calibur II.
- Dante was also going to be a guest character in Soul Calibur III, but the idea was scrapped for unknown reasons.
- He appears in the 2011 Mortal Kombat reboot as a PS3 exclusive character.
- When wearing the Warrior of Apollo costume and using Kratos's level 3, it would revert back to regular Kratos. This was fixed in Update 1.10.
- Kratos is one of the few characters with a throw that can hit multiple opponents, the other being Sackboy.
- Kratos's "Titan Slayer" victory music is based on the beginning and last part of "Rage of Sparta" track in God of War III.
- Kratos is the only character to not used Sandover Village & Alden Tower in All-Stars Mode in Arcade mode.