"Hard to tell if you're feeble or not."— Kuro to Heihachi
Kuro is a black cat who first appeared in PlayStation 2 episode of Toro the Cat. He is Toro's best friend and rival. Kuro has appeared along side Toro in several occasions including the Toro series, Japanese commercials, and Street Fighter X Tekken as well as of course PlayStation All-Stars.
Kuro is portrayed often as being quite perverted, making flirts at female guests on Mainichi Issyo, and when confronted by a police officer claimed he has no girly magazines in his bag in Toro! Let's Party! (which hints he's lying.) He and Toro also share some amount of physical abuse between the two, though Kuro is more apt to dish out slaps to Toro than the other way around.
Connection with All-Stars
Kuro appears in Toro's Level 1 Super, aptly named Kuro is so mean >.<. Kuro acts by drop-kicking Toro so hard that Toro goes flying in a mostly horizontal path until he hits the ground several feet away, accidentally killing anyone in his path.
Kuro also appears in Toro's story in Arcade Mode, including his intro, ending and rival cutscene with Heihachi Mishima. Kuro calls Heihachi "feeble" causing Heihachi to get angry, which begins the fight.
He also appears as a downloadable Minion that can be purchased for $0.49. However you can also buy him in a small pack of $1.99 or along with all the other minions for the price of $4.99.
- Kuro (along with Toro and Cole MacGrath) has previously appeared in the fighting game Street Fighter X Tekken as a guest character.
- Kuro means black in Japanese, the color of his fur.
- Kuro (and Toro) speak in a series of meows, as seen in Toro's rival cutscene of Heihachi.
- Kuro is one of the minions, along with Tag, and Sackbot, that stays in it's original shape while the others are in "super-deformed" style.
- Kuro was originally going to be a playable character, with a moveset similar to Toro, but was scrapped.