LittleBigPlanet is a 2D sidescroller series, developed exclusively by Media Molecule for the PlayStation, with a heavy emphasis on user created content.
The game is all about making your own levels and playing the levels of others. The player takes control of the highly customizable Sackboy as they jump, shoot, pull, climb, and do a bevy of other things, as they accomplish their goals throughout each level. The series is well known for it's creativity, cute characters, and amazing texture design. LittleBigPlanet is seen as one of the current Playstation corner stone series, and it's main character Sackboy (along with Kratos and Nathan Drake), is often reffered to as the current "Playstation Mascot".
Connection With All-Stars
- Sackboy is a playable character.
- The Garden stage level creator appears as the stage Dreamscape and is a mash up between LittleBigPlanet and Buzz
- The Negativitron appears in the Sly Cooper stage Paris.
- Sackbots appear as items and minions.
- Sackgirl appears as an alternate costume for Sackboy
- LittleBigPlanet - 2008 (PS3)
- LittleBigPlanet - 2009 (PSP)
- Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - 2010 (PSN/PS3)
- LittleBigPlanet 2 - 2011 (PS3)
- LittleBigPlanet Vita - 2012 (PSV)
- LittleBigPlanet Karting - 2012 (PS3)
- Run, Sackboy, Run! - 2014 (PSM)
- LittleBigPlanet 3 - 2014 (PS3/PS4)
- LittleBigPlanet Hub - Unknown (PS3) (Discontinued)
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure - 2020 (PS4/PS5)
- 15 of the characters in the roster (excluding Sackboy) have been connected to the LittleBigPlanet series, with Nariko, Raiden, Kratos, and Toro being in LittleBigPlanet as DLC costumes, Ratchet & Clank, Nathan Drake, Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, Kat, Isaac Clarke and Emmett Graves being DLC costumes in LittleBigPlanet 2, and Big Daddy being in LittleBigPlanet Vita as pre-order DLC costume. Cole and Evil Cole have been in both PS3 games, being in the inFAMOUS costume pack for LittleBigPlanet and the inFAMOUS 2 Minipack for LittleBigPlanet 2 and Radec is a DLC costume in the PSP game.
- LittleBigPlanet is the only series in the game to have a track from their series play on a stage of an entirely different series.
- LittleBigPlanet has a spiritual successor called Tearaway for the PS Vita.