"Taste the Tooth!"— Sweet Tooth
Sweet Tooth (Real name: Marcus "Needles" Kane) is the unofficial mascot of the Twisted Metal franchise and is a playable character in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. He was one of the first six characters to be revealed. His in-game rival is Kratos.
TIME FOR SOME FUN.
Marcus Kane had it all - big house, beautiful family, great job serving ice cream to the neighborhood kids. Then something went wrong. Very wrong. When he donned the mask and became Sweet Tooth, there was no going back. Now he carves a path of destruction and desolation, whether in his legendary ice cream truck or on foot. Violence is what he craves, wherever it can be found, and whomever it can be inflicted upon.
THE LEGACY OF MARCUS "NEEDLES" KANE:
- Twisted Metal
- Twisted Metal 2
- Twisted Metal III
- Twisted Metal 4
- Twisted Metal: Small Brawl
- Twisted Metal: Black
- Twisted Metal: Head-On
- Twisted Metal: Lost (via Twisted Metal: Head On Extra Twisted Edition)
- Twisted Metal (2012)
Sweet Tooth is seen admiring his ice cream truck, saying that it makes the best ice cream around. Then he says that he is not the same ice cream man anymore. Sweet Tooth then walks off leaving his ice cream truck behind, going to show everyone what happens when he steps out of the truck.
"I love this old heap. She's always there for me. Seems almost as eager as I am to show her stuff, show everyone what a great team we are. Besides all that, she still makes the best ice cream around. Not a lot of people know that. Guess most people never bother to ask. But I'm not just the ice cream man anymore. And if Calypso or anyone else wonders what I can do on my own, I'm gonna answer them now. I'm going to show everyone what happens when Sweet Tooth gets out of the truck!"— Words by Sweet Tooth
Reason: Sweet Tooth is admiring his ice cream cone, but suddenly Kratos throws one of his blades at him, knocking the scoop to the ground, which Sweet Tooth even admits was a neat trick and wondering if he can match it. Kratos then calls him a cretin and orders Sweet Tooth to stand aside or be killed. Sweet Tooth taunts Kratos, then tells him that he will pay for the ice cream cone one way or another while pulling out and revving up his chainsaw, beginning the fight.
Sweet Tooth: Such sweet, cool perfection. A round ball of heaven balanced on a delicate cone... so pleasing to the senses. Who doesn't love an ice cream cone?
(Kratos' blade appears and seathes Sweet Tooth's ice cream.)
Sweet Tooth: Pretty neat trick there, pal. Let's see if I can match it.
(Sweet Tooth draws his machete while Kratos brings back his blade.)
Kratos: Another cretin sent by a so-called god. Leave, or join those who have come before you.
Sweet Tooth: Well, get a load of you, cupcake. You know, I worked real hard on that ice cream cone. REAL hard. Dunno if you got any money in that skirt of yours... But one way or the other, you're paying for it.
(Sweet Tooth drops his machete, then pulls out and revs his chainsaw.)
Sweet Tooth returns to his ice cream truck after beating everyone, saying that he missed his truck. He revs up the engine, the truck now super-powered by the energy from Polygon Man, ready to win the next Twisted Metal competition and show Calypso his new upgrades. He then drives away with an evil laughter.
"All these stories seem to go the same way: me against the world, and me the winner. They all learn sooner or later they got more than they bargained for. Did some real damage back there. Still, can't say I didn't miss my old truck. Yeah. There she is, faithful as ever. She was already the best thing on wheels before any of this... But wait'll Calypso gets a load of my new upgrades! Oh, man! He's never gonna know what hit him!! Sweet Tooth is back, baby, bigger than ever!"— Words by Sweet Tooth
Quotes and TauntsEdit
Hello Boys and Girls: Does a "Peek-a-Boo" face and menacingly says: "Hello, boys and girls!"
I Dance on Your Remains: Sweet Tooth giggles and dances around while saying "Oh Yeah!".
Get Ready for Pain: Sweet Tooth slides his hand over his neck while saying, "Get ready for pain."
- Character Selection:
- "Time for some fun!"
- "Ha, ha ha ha!"
- "Right choice!"
- "Prepare to bleed!"
- "This is gonna be fun!"
- Item Pick-up:
- "A man has his priorities."
- "Ice cream?"
- "Who wants a treat?!"
- Using TNT Tag:
- "Here you go!"
- Using Death By Missile:
- "Blast off!"
- Using Rise of Mecha Tooth:
- "Taste the Tooth!"
- Successful KO:
- "Shut up and bleed!"
- "Shut up and lay down!"
- "Killing is my curse!"
- "This is my curse!"
- "I'm on fire!"
- "That's it, boys and girls!"
- "I'll end this contest!"
- "Oh Yeah!"
- "Dirt nap!"
- "Lights out!"
- "Born to destroy, baby!"
- "Messing with the wrong clown!"
- "Too easy!"
- "This is too easy!"
- "I kill and destroy!"
- "I rip and destroy!"
- "Heeeeere's Sweet Tooth!"
- "This is starting to make me angry!"
- "I'm getting angry!"
- "Honey, I'm home!"
- "Good to be back!"
- "Let's feed the urge!"
- "Blood, pain, grief, coming your way!"
- "Pain and grief coming your way!"
- "Here comes the pain!"'
- "Prepare to be put down!"
- "Prepare for pain!"
- "I'm back!"
- "Get ready to bleed!"
- "You're gonna feel the heat!"
- "This is gonna be too easy!"
Intros and OutrosEdit
Prepare for Pain: Sweet Tooth stands up from a crouched position and roars.
Sharp Enough: Sweet Tooth holds his machete and turns around menacingly, saying, "Prepare to bleed!"
Who Wants Ice Cream?: He walks on-stage slowly as if stalking somebody while saying, "This is gonna be fun!".
All Revved Up: Sweet Tooth turns around and revs up his chainsaw.
Taste the Tooth: Rubs his hands together, giggling sinisterly to himself
Muahahahaha: Begins pointing and laughing mockingly.
Body Clean Up: Sweet Tooth rubs his hands together.
Contest Over: Sweet Tooth places his hand over his mouth and steps back in with an, "Oh my..." expression.
If using Taste the tooth: He puts his hands over his head and groans angrily.
If using Muahahahaha: He sits with his back to the screen.
If using Body clean up: He stands up in defeat.
if using Contest Over: He kneels down angrily with his machete.
Win: Looks at the camera.
Lose: Has both hands on his head, possibly in pain.
Victory MusicEditGimme the Trophy (unlocked at rank 4)
The default appearance of Sweet Tooth.
- Default: white pants with red-pink polka dots.
- Green and light green mock camoflauge pants. Based off one of the custom paint jobs from Twisted Metal (2012)
- Black pants with red diamonds on his right leg. Based off one of the custom paint jobs from Twisted Metal (2012)
- Red and yellow striped pants. Based off one of the custom paint jobs from Twisted Metal (2012)
Unlocked at Level 10, Sweet Tooth in his Twisted Metal III design.
- Default: pink suit, blue bowtie, red shoes
- Yellow suit with red polka dots, yellow bowtie, yellow shoes
- White suit with teal polka dots, teal bowtie, green shoes
- Purple suit with yellow folds, blue bowtie, yellow shoes
Sweet Tooth wears his Starhawk Outcast multiplayer skin. This costume is part of the preorder costume pack.
- Default: white exoskeleton
- Blue exoskeleton
- Orange exoskeleton
- Green exoskeleton
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale marks the first time that Sweet Tooth has ever been fully playable on foot (he is even aware of this in his opening).
- Though he was briefly playable on foot, albeit very limited, in the Lost Levels that were included in Twisted Metal Head-On: Extra Twisted Edition. His running and jumping animation are almost identical to how Sweet Tooth ran and jumped in that game.
- This is also the first game in which Sweet Tooth is given several new abilities previously unseen, including his new ability to breathe fire.
- However in his boss level Sweet Tooth's Carnival of Carnage in Twisted Metal (2012), below his contraption is a clown head that shoots out a flamethrower, his ability to breathe fire seems to be based on it.
- His second color pallet (consisting of pants with black diamonds on red for one half and swapped on the other) could be a reference to the DC character Harley Quinn, who's clothes are designed similarly.
- Most of Sweet Tooth's attacks are taken directly from the Twisted Metal games, including his land mine attack, molotov cocktail attack, chainsaw, flamethrower, 12-gauge shotgun and nuke.
- "Sweet Tooth" was originally only the name of his infamous ice cream truck. His real name is Marcus "Needles" Kane, but over time the name Sweet Tooth became an informal way to refer to both the character and the vehicle, and eventually became the official name of the character.
- Sweet Tooth was one of the many first-party characters to make a live-action appearance in the Long Live Play commercial.
- Sweet Tooth's flaming head is the most iconic part of his look, first seen in Twisted Metal 2 onward; however in this game, Sweet Tooth can use it as a weapon, using his flaming head to allow him to breathe fire.
- Sweet Tooth has appeared on the cover of every single Twisted Metal game, making him the series' mascot.
- He and Colonel Radec are the first confirmed playable villain characters to be revealed.
- Sweet Tooth can break the fourth wall as he'll say "Right choice" after he is picked.
- Sweet Tooth uses a DualShock 3 controller to steer the rocket in his Level 2 Super Move.
- Sweet Tooth is technically the oldest playable Sony character, having his game released in 1995.
- Though Heihachi is the oldest playable character, having his game released in 1994, not taking into account his rejuvenation in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
- Sweet Tooth is one of only five first-party characters who started on the PlayStation One, the others being PaRappa, Sir Daniel Fortesque, Spike and Toro Inoue.
- Sweet Tooth's minion is Dollface, which is a little odd due to the fact that she destroyed Sweet Tooth's Carnvial of Carnage, a mobile fortress built by Sweet Tooth's followers.
- In the game's opening, his flaming hair glows.
- His main menu background is flaming.
- Sweet Tooth made a guest appearance in Hot Shots Golf 2 as a playable character, and in War of the Monsters, one of the monsters, Agamo, has a Sweet Tooth costume that can only be unlocked if Twisted Metal: Black save data is on the PS2's memory card. He also made an appearance in ModNation Racers, with his own kart (his truck) as well as his own race track, and in Starhawk, where he is a playable Outcast in multiplayer.
- Sweet Tooth is one of five characters that dies in the game series they come from, the others being Colonel Radec, Cole MacGrath, Nariko and Zeus.
- Sweet Tooth is one of the two characters whose Level 3 includes piloting a mech, the other character being Emmett Graves.
- Sweet Tooth, along with Kratos, Heihachi, Raiden, and Zeus, is one of five characters in the game to have been a father.
- Sweet Tooth is one of five characters who has an alternate costume that is a different character, the others being Kratos, Cole, Sackboy, and Emmett Graves.
- Sweet Tooth is the only character with an alternate costume based from an entirely different series (Starhawk).
- In Sweet Tooth's story, on the cutscene of his rival fight, Sweet Tooth can be seen admiring his ice cream cone, and the ice cream has eyes and a smiley mouth drawn on it, probably by Sweet Tooth. This may be a reference to his story on Twisted Metal (2012), where he tries to kill his daughter but fails, then joins the competition in order to find her, on the first cutscene of his story, to the end, left side of his truck is shown, and the writing Sweet Tooth's Treat: Her head in my ice box! can be seen.
- Sweet Tooth is one of four characters whose face is never shown, the others being Radec, Big Daddy, and Isaac Clarke.
- In Ape Escape 3, a pipo monkey makes an attack similar to Sweet Tooth's Chainsaw Slaughter Attack.
- Sweet Tooth's Brutal Shoulder Crush might be based in the animation Sweet Bot does in Twisted Metal 2012 when he activates Turbo Dash.
- His Shock Wave attack is based in Sweet Slam from Sweet Bot in the same game.